Frequently Asked Questions
Wealth and business management are complicated. Undoubtedly, you will have some questions. Here are few we frequently get, along with their answers. If your question is not listed below, feel free to contact us. We’ll be more than happy to give you a simple answer.
What sort of services will Treetop provide (or provide introductions to experienced professionals) for my family?
- Document Management and Recordkeeping
- Bill Payment Services
- Personal Financial Statement Preparation
- Coordination of Professionals (Tax, Legal, Other)
- Cash Management
- Asset Allocation and Investment Strategy Consulting
- Comprehensive Performance Reporting
- Investment Manager Selection and Monitoring
- Portfolio Management
- Estate Planning
- Philanthropic Planning
- Life Insurance Analysis
- Debt Structure and Analysis – Bank Financing
- Tax Return Preparation (Gathering for Professional)
- Foundation Management
- Entity Administration (FLPs, CLTs, CRTs, Installment Sales, etc.)
- Aircraft Consulting (Buy, Sell, Lease, Usage Plans)
- Risk Management & Asset Protection Consulting
- Fraud Detection/Accountability
- Real Estate Management (Rental, buy-sell, maintenance)
- Family Business Advisory
- Family Counseling/Family Meetings
- Sufficiency and Retirement Planning
How do you charge for your services?
Typically, we charge a monthly flat fee that is negotiated based on the complexity of your needs and the scope of advisory and management services we are asked to provide. We could start on an hourly basis if you prefer; we don’t require contracts (unless you want one)
Can we count on your discretion on our personal affairs?
Yes; absolutely and without conditions.
What sort of services are you not willing to provide?
We know our limitations. There are a myriad of professional in the areas of investment decisions, tax planning, legal, estate planning and other areas that we recommend as required. We know our place and don’t go outside of our domain expertise.
What services do you offer?
- CFO/Controller type oversight
- Financial statement preparation
- General ledger maintenance
- Monthly & year-end closing assistance
- Payroll & sales tax return preparation
- Account reconciliation's
- Controller & bookkeeper staffing
- Payroll & accounts payable processing
- Accounting systems design
- Accounting staff training
- Depreciation schedules
- Accounting software assistance
Do you provide tax services?
While we do not provide tax services, we do have tax professionals we partner with and recommend.
Professional Angel Investing
Will you raise money for my company?
We are not a broker dealer; we are not licensed to help you raise capital nor do we want to pursue this route. But we can and will help with introductions to venture capital firms and can help you prepare for those meetings (maybe the most important hour you will ever spend). We also can help you prepare your PPM (private placement memorandum) if you are going to solicit capital.
Will you invest in my company?
We typically provide specific professional services, legal, financial, or consulting and are typically paid by the hour. However, sometimes we are willing to take this payment in the form of equity in your company. If we are very compelled with the company, we would introduce you to a group of angel investors (including ourselves) who may end up making an investment in your company. These investments typically range from $25k-$50k per investor; each investor would make their own decision whether to invest or not. We currently have over 25 angel investors who look to us to provide them with investment ideas.
What sort of expertise does your team possess that may be relevant to me?
Our principal partners, Dwight Hanson and Bill Fisher, have raised in excess of $100M in capital to invest in or purchase businesses in the Omaha area. We have great depth in technology (especially software and payment related technology). Over the years, venture capital firms from Silicon Valley have invested more than $50M in companies presented by Bill and Dwight. We can help your start-up company conserve time and capital by putting our expertise to work for you in lieu of hiring and managing a full-time staff.
If I want to be part of Treetop’s angel group, what do I need to do?
Contact us for a discussion.